This collection of Spring cocktail recipes starts on the first day of the season. Downslope Distilling’s Spring Equinox is the perfect seasonal dram to accompany your first Spring picnic. Brighten the caramel tones of the Colorado distillery’s Gold Cane Rum with muddled blackberries and fresh sage leaves. Pull out the blankets and baskets, it’s picnic time.
2 oz. Gold Cane Rum
- 0.5 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
0.25 oz. Natural Organic Simple Syrup
0.5 oz. Verte Herbal Bitters
2 dashes Aromatic Bitters
- 2 Blackberries, for muddling
- 2 Sage Leaves, for muddling & garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the blackberries and 1 sage leaf with the lemon juice and simple syrup
- Add the rum, verte herbal bitters, and aromatic bitters
- Shake over ice
- Double strain into a coupe
- Garnish with sage leaf.