Toasted Coconut Key Lime Ramos Gin Fizz
Rated 3.0 stars by 1 users
While Mardi Gras festivities may have been put on hold this year, we can still enjoy this riff off of the New Orleans classic cocktail, the Ramos Gin Fizz. To complement this American style Dry Gin, I put a twist on this drink inspired by the American classic dessert- Key Lime Pie!
- In a shaker, combine all ingredients except for seltzer
- Add the coil from your hawthorn strainer to help emulsify your egg white and dry shake for a full minute
- Next, add 4 to 5 ice cubes and shake until completely dissolved
- Strain into a chilled Collins glass. Using a straw, make a hole in the center of the foam head and pour in 1.5 ounces of seltzer to elevate the head above the lip of the glass
- Toast foam lightly with a pastry torch and garnish with a dehydrated lime wheel